- Full time or part time considered
- Competitive salary
- Amazing office in Cremorne
- Be part of a fun, supportive team
Nature is a boutique market research agency based in Melbourne, distinguished from our peers by our enviable record of client and employee retention and sustained growth. At Nature, we hire the best people, then trust them to do their job without being micromanaged. We celebrate people who take initiative and don’t wait to be asked. So we ask every new member of our team to help us protect our unique culture, by always playing their role and supporting their colleagues to play theirs.
Due to our wonderful office manager leaving to move overseas after 8 years running our office, we are on the hunt for a professional and experienced office manager to take over the day-to-day clerical management of our business. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the office, including the management of two office assistants.
This role would suit an experienced office manager or senior administrator who is looking to further their career and play a pivotal role in an independent business. The right candidate will be highly organised with excellent interpersonal skills, experience mentoring/managing junior staff and a flexible and open approach.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role may evolve over time, but at this point key aspects of this role will include:
- Managing and mentoring two administrative assistants, keeping on top of workflows and ensuring things get done
- Onboarding and induction of new employees
- Organising staff and client functions
- Organising building maintenance as needed
- Liaising with suppliers, tradies and landlord to get things done
- Sourcing and purchasing furniture & fixtures for office as needed
- Making sure office always looks presentable
- Point of contact for external IT supplier to ensure all systems are running smoothly
- Assisting with making PowerPoint and Word documents look great
- Proofreading proposals and reports before they go out, ensuring they adhere to house style and are error-free
- Managing Nature’s Instagram and LinkedIn sites
- General support to MD as needed
Optional skills/experience that would be highly valued
- IT savvy
- Advanced PowerPoint skills, with experience in creating charts / graphs
- A creative streak
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Experience with WordPress
To be successful in this role, it is imperative that you demonstrate:
- A proactive and confident working style
- Previous experience managing a professional office
- Previous experience managing staff
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- String active listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail
- Teamwork, the desire to support your colleagues, and to ask for help when you need it
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to form an integral part of an established, successful team of smart, likeable people in a collaborative and fun environment. A competitive salary is also on offer, commensurate with experience.
If you believe you can contribute to our amazing team, we look forward to hearing from you. For more information on what it’s like to work with us, please check out our Working at Nature page, here.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter via firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruiters please.