Our culture is one of collegiality and collaboration, which intentionally involves the sharing and challenging of ideas and points of view on the briefs we are tackling and how best to approach them.
If Nature were a school there’s no doubt Chris would be the school captain! A natural born leader with more energy and enthusiasm than a US cheer leading squad – Chris is not just the “figurehead guy” who started Nature, but a very driven MD, injecting passion, care and enthusiasm into the business and its team on a daily basis.
As well as enjoying the challenge of running a highly successful growing agency, Chris is at his best when working closely with clients to understand their business challenges and imperatives, and when applying his methodological expertise and multi-sector experience in crafting data and evidence-based approaches that provide Nature’s clients the clarity they need to make key business decisions.
Chris’s career spans 25 years in both consulting and corporate roles:
- At Telstra, Chris was Director of Customer Insights and Analytics.
- Before starting Nature in 2006, he was a Partner at Blue Moon Research & Planning, where he developed and ran their Melbourne office for 4 years.
- He was a Director at TNS, where he initiated and developed their Advanced Methods Group, and ran their Finance and Business Services team in Melbourne.
- Chris began his career with Advanis Inc., a Canadian choice modelling firm, under the guidance of pioneers in the field.
Chris has a PhD from ANU in quantitative social science and has held fellowships at the University of Wisconsin and Utrecht University, The Netherlands. He has published an academic book and several articles in refereed journals, and has presented at conferences in Cape Town, Vermont, Stockholm, The Netherlands, Australia, and Singapore. He is also accredited as a QPR (Qualified Professional Researcher).
- A proud father to 3 energetic boys, Chris can be frequently spotted cheering on his kids from the soccer sideline, racing around Lysterfield mountain bike track or surfing with them on the South Gippsland Coast
- Hard to keep indoors during sunny weather, Chris can also be spotted playing one of his many sporting pursuits: tennis, golf, hockey, windsurfing, paddle boarding to name just a few!
- Not one for sitting down and reading a book (much to his wife’s dismay!), Chris is also a lover of cooking and travel. With a slightly alarming knack of learning new languages and local accents, Chris is always eager to use one of his 3 passports to jump on a plane and travel.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Tasmania
Peter has been working in research and finance roles for 15 years and is known by our clients as having the rare trait of possessing a strong understanding of business issues coupled with outstanding conceptual and technical analytic skills. A natural problem solver, he has a unique ability to create clarity out of complexity.
Prior to Nature, Peter headed up the Customer Analytics department at Roy Morgan Research, before which he was an Actuary for Mercer in Superannuation (specialising in Actuarial Studies & Finance at University).
Peter is a regular speaker at AMSRS Professional Development Programs, and regularly publishes articles for research and marketing publications, sitting on the editorial committee for Research News.
- To call Pete an over-achiever is an understatement – from being the leader of the school band, to a talented sportsman, maths genius and supreme baker
- Equally comfortable at KFC as Vue de Monde
- A disgruntled Demons supporter, who lets off steam reliving his youth on a Nintendo once the kids are asleep
- Often found walking about the office shoeless, with a pen behind the ear, muttering to himself
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Australian history between 1800-1900, early 1990s films, early 1990s music and anything Russian
Justin started out in academic research almost 20 years ago before realising that commercial market research was more his pace. But he did manage to pick up a PhD along the way.
He has worked for some of the world’s leading brands, undertaking innovation, brand and CX research across more than 20 countries.
Justin’s passion lies in helping his clients, big and small, commercial and social, achieve the best possible outcomes, through designing and executing bulletproof research.
In his role at Nature, Justin’s focus extends to building capability, driving innovation and supporting the broader team to deliver brilliant work.
- Equally at home with a VB or a bottle of Grange
- Doesn’t work Victorian Oaks Day; pretends to work the rest of Cup week
- Will be subjecting his kids to decades of misery as Carlton supporters
- Specialty Quiz Topic: 80s music, regional Australian landmarks
James began his career in market research over a decade ago and since then has led engagements with local and global brands across a variety of sectors including FMCG, retail, automotive, utilities, aged care and finance to name a few.
With particular expertise in brand strategy and communications, James has a passion for understanding how and why people make decisions and identifying ways to influence this.
James’ strong commercial acumen, combined with a natural ability to simplify robust and complex information into actionable insights has earnt him a strong reputation among clients as a key adviser to unlock brand growth.
- James writes to-do lists on his days off and keeps a spreadsheet for most aspects of his life
- James has a 1-year old son named Justin who sleeps better than he does
- James isn’t into sport
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sport
Paddy came into research consultancy 7 years ago, via a Commerce Degree and an interest in advertising.
While his specialty still lies in advertising optimisation, he has worked across all types of projects since – big and small, ongoing and ad-hoc, cheese makers to charities. He is particularly experienced in leading end-to-end foundational segmentation research – producing intuitive and actionable solutions that can seamlessly feed into brand and communications strategy.
Presentation and the robust discussion around the strategic brand recommendations he provides is what drives Paddy’s passion for his work and the industry.
He is a ‘Millennials’ expert – leading Nature’s self-funded exploration into the unique generation.
- He may seem calm and collected at work, but on the weekends, Paddy turns into a Collingwood ‘nuffy’
- He is known for overlooking his Labrador’s mischievousness
- He prefers Kanye West’s music pre-Kim Kardashian
- He could be the best table tennis player in the world
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sport and Australian Politics
With almost 15 years consulting experience both locally and internationally, Katie truly ‘gets’ what clients need and prides herself on cutting through the data to unlock the needed answers. She’s fascinated with the psychology behind what makes consumers tick, and the (rather obvious..!) perfectionist in her won’t rest until she can face her clients with a clear story that will help impact their business.
Katie has experience across most sectors and research techniques, although branding, comms and NPD are specialties. Strong organisational skills have seen her manage numerous multi-country and multi-category studies for some of the world’s largest brands.
Katie holds an Honours degree in Psychology, and remains a member of the AMSRS since entering the industry via their graduate program many moons ago.
- Katie’s a travel nut, whose passion is currently (just slightly!) on hold due to the addition of 2 adorable kids to her life. 35 countries down, 160 to go!!
- Addicted to white noise and questionable 90s music
- Netflix binger, caramel addict, pro at hiding veggies in kids’ food
Joel fell into research (as most researchers do) after completing a Bachelor of Psychology and Marketing/Management, chasing a gig in brand and advertising. These foundational years at Millward Brown spurred an ongoing passion for communications and a steadfast belief in the intrinsic good of brands and what they stand for.
What followed is over a decade of experience, working across a broad range of brands, industries, methodologies, and companies of various size and life-stage. From experience working for small and independent boutiques, through to multinationals, Joel appreciates the rigour that a well-considered tool can provide, but equally relishes the challenge of entirely bespoke engagements.
Joel loves a challenging brief, learning a new industry or sector, and trying out new tech and solutions to drive richer insights.
- Joel loves keeping himself busy and squeezing as much as he can into each day
- His passions lie in travel, music (although his taste is questionable), reading, exercise, good food, good wine, better whiskies and bikes (although not at the same time!)
- Because he’s really not a fan of sleeping, Joel also volunteers with the SES, and relishes the variety of training and call-outs
- Joel has a soft spot for furry friends and regularly stops to pat any dog or cat he comes across
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Obscure facts; tech
Adrian is an experienced researcher who has a passion for digging under the skin of what makes people tick. Uncovering the reasons behind consumer decisions and behaviour, and what this means in a business context, is the key thing that drives him as a researcher.
This interest has spanned many industry sectors, but his particular expertise sits within financial services, transport and education. This often requires uncovering what is at the core of behaviour in categories that people tend to want to spend as little time as possible thinking about!
With most consumers not able to provide the answers directly, this often means that Choice Modelling is a good way to get answers, which is an area that Adrian has significant expertise in.
Segmentation studies is another area that effectively undercovers different strands of consumer behaviour, in which Adrian also has substantial experience across a wide range of categories and products.
- Doesn’t mind getting cold and wet if the view at the top is worth it
- Is venerated by his colleagues for his longevity
- Accumulates photoshopped self-images without even trying
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Geography and random facts about lots of weird things
Having spent more than a decade specialising in quantitative market research, Ingrid has a wealth of experience to draw on across almost all industries and methodologies.
It’s combining this experience with relentless perfectionism, persistent determination and endless curiosity that ensures every project she works on is firmly centred toward the business objectives to deliver clear, tangible and actionable insights.
Curious and with a love of variety, Ingrid is a generalist at heart, specialising in bespoke and carefully crafted ad hoc research.
- Ingrid is an identical twin which can create hilarious confusion when her sister visits
- As mum to a busy toddler and young dog, Ingrid is well versed in juggling multiple priorities!
- An avid traveller and detailed planner, Ingrid is loud & proud of her geeky travel spreadsheets
- Specialty Quiz Topic: The first five questions (aka the beginner questions!)
Emma began her career in professional services, specialising in customer experience and retention. She has a unique ability to draw together primary and secondary data to elevate the standard ‘tracker’ and ensure it is used by clients as a powerful strategic tool.
She couples this with tactical research, particularly in FMCG. A seasoned researcher in pack refreshes and concept testing, Emma draws on years of experience when interpreting results as well as her broader knowledge of the category and emerging trends.
With every project, Emma brings not only her unwavering commitment to quality but her creative flair and eye for detail, visualising data in compelling ways to ensure findings are delivered with impact.
- Emma is competitive by nature and can literally turn anything into a competition
- A survivor super fan, Emma has seen every season since the shows inception in 2000 – it combines her love of games, analysing human behaviour and of course, competition
- Combining her love of cooking and creativity, Emma is currently developing a plant-based food blog
- Specialty Quiz Topic: She has a superhuman memory for random facts about other people’s lives, but don’t expect this memory to translate to any general knowledge topics for the quiz
Sharon has 15+ years’ experience working for local and global clients. During this time she has worked in Melbourne, London and Chicago, and been lucky enough to travel the world talking to consumers and uncovering insights for her clients.
Her strength lies in working collaboratively with her clients and colleagues alike, to ensure every project runs smoothly and delivers quality outcomes for her stakeholders. She has experience in B2B and B2C research across a wide range of sectors including technology, professional services, automotive and FMCG.
Sharon still gets excited every time a new brief arrives, and loves the challenge of designing bespoke solutions for every project.
- Sharon loves to travel and will jump at any chance to explore somewhere new
- Never needs to be asked twice to have a glass of bubbles
- She loves collecting cookbooks, but tends to look at the pictures rather than cook from them
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Music – specifically 1994-1999
After starting her career 5 years ago, Lori has had a very diverse and hands-on experience consulting for marketing teams across Australia. Drawing from her background in finance and statistics, she started her career helping clients develop strong, differentiating brand positions, ensuring communications were aligned to business goals.
After 2 years primarily focused on FMCG and retail brands, Lori moved to Nature to explore a new client base and broaden her analytical skills. Since joining Nature, she has worked across a broad range of clients with constantly evolving business challenges. In recent times, Lori has worked extensively in the insurance utilities, FMCG and retail categories.
At the heart of all research though, Lori is interested in understanding what makes individuals and consumers tick. Unpacking what lies behind consumer choices and how this insight can be leveraged by businesses is always very fascinating!
- In the winter you’ll find Lori cuddling up to her little sausage dog, Lulu, or in a local wine bar with friends sitting closest to the open fireplace with a glass of red
- However, for Lori nothing beats summer, the beach, frolicking through wineries and spending long evenings out and about while it’s still light
- She loves an adventure and is always looking forward to her next trip either in Australia or overseas
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Although not actually adding any specialty knowledge at quiz time, she’s always up for the socialising aspect of it
Originally from the UK, Femi started her career in organisational research, conducting in-house projects in the education and not-for profit sector.
Femi made the move into market research several years ago after moving to Australia and has since worked across a range of industries including retail, FMCG, entertainment, education and charities. Her experience spans across both ongoing and ad-hoc studies, and she has unique experience in managing large-scale, complex projects. Her skill here lies in taking the complexity out of the interpretation of data, delivering focused and strategic recommendations.
Femi is also passionate about telling impactful stories with data, presented in a visually engaging way.
- Femi’s favourite pastimes are binge watching Netflix documentaries, travelling, and eating out as much as possible (mainly to avoid cooking)
- She enjoys nothing more than terrible dad jokes, memes and puns, and does her best to weave them into any conversation. She’d like to do more research into ketchup, but the sauces are too unreliable.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: While she can’t claim to have a specialist quiz topic, she is sporadically able to answer questions on British history.
Arpita first gravitated towards research early in her career in Singapore, and eventually moved to the land down under to continue to pursue her passion for insights in a new market. Now 6 years into research, Arpita has done extensive work in the region – both in Asia-Pacific and Australia/New Zealand.
Having lived in 3 countries and studied Marketing and Psychology, Arpita’s experience in understanding how consumer behaviour connects to brand strategy is extensive and far-reaching.
After starting her career mostly in communications and advertising testing, her experience now also spans U&A, concept testing, and (her favourite) segmentation. She enjoys bringing consumer insights to life and making them tangible to businesses through story-led reports and has polished these skills across a range of industries including FMCG, retail, services, and finance.
- On weekends, she can be found at the dog park (note: she does not have a dog)
- Loves yoga and hip-hop music – often does both at the same time!
- Her hobbies include trying new restaurants and asking her friends to rate their meals on 0-10
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Occasionally surprising everyone with a correct answer!
Bethan started her career in research with her sights set on Qual, drawn to the creative process of searching for nuance and meaning in consumer behaviour and decision making. This then led her to the wonderful world of data, and she is now a dual quantitative and qualitative researcher with a broad range of methodological experience under her belt.
She has a solid background in services industries, with the majority of her experience grounded in banking, PHI, property and digital services. Through this she has developed a strong skillset in brand and customer experience research.
She is particularly interested in UX and user-centred design, with the lens of using research to optimise the way that consumers interact with products and services to achieve better (not to mention mutually beneficial) outcomes.
- Loves film, theatre and the arts
- Always on the hunt for some gluten free sourdough and beer
- Dabbles in astrology (won’t sign a contract during a Mercury retrograde)
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Film and autoimmune diseases
Scott joins Nature from London where he has gathered around 15 years of experience both in academia and the commercial world, with his most recent background firmly planted in understanding customer experience and brand perception
As a marketing scientist, he marries a strong technical background (multivariate statistics, choice models, segmentation) with a wider commercial acumen, and the understanding that research needs to be insightful rather than just informational
Before Nature Scott headed up the UK advanced analytics division at Hall & Partners and has worked with a broad range of clients across diverse categories including auto, FMCG, entertainment, sport, apparel, utilities, and finance
With a BSc in Psychology, a MSc in Research Methods, and five years as a lecturer under his belt, Scott is committed to life-long learning and development (for himself and others) and has run a number of MRS workshops
Scott has many extra-curricular hobbies and interests – none of which he’s really any good at:
- Photography: All the gear, with no idea
- DIY / home improvement: Just don’t ask how his last renovation project went
- Indie / rock music: Can’t play or sing a note
- Motor racing: Only claim to fame is driving the Nürburgring in a Nissan Leaf
- Modern board games: That he never seems to win
Speciality Quiz Topic: Beat the intro / Finish the lyric
Kevin has a strong technical background and extensive FMCG research experience.
He discovered a keen interest in consumer behaviour when studying Behavioural Economics at University, which has led him to pursue a career in Market Research.
He spent the first 5 years of his career at Colmar Brunton in the FMCG team – a natural fit with his love for food and drinks – before joining Nature 2 years ago where he has since broadened his industry experience and increased his exposure to advanced methodologies.
Kevin’s methodical thinking and technical knowledge make him adept at translating complex data into simple action-focused outcomes.
- Kevin is a keen cyclist who can often be found either suffering on hilly roads or enjoying a coffee and brownie at a café afterwards as a reward
- His obsession with numbers extends to his hobbies, whether it is functional threshold power, heart rate zones or brew ratios
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Cycling, coffee or brownie related topics (sadly all of which are underrepresented in quizzes)
Lizi has a background in Psychology – she holds a Bachelors’ degree in the subject, as well as a Masters in Forensic Psychology. She is fascinated by human cognition and behaviour, which is what drove her to pursue a career in market research.
Her first market research role was at Kantar Millward Brown in London back in 2013. Since then she’s gained a wealth of experience across geographies, sectors and research techniques. Lizi is now an experienced quantitative researcher with a track record of helping clients grow their businesses with data-driven insight and consultancy.
She is especially passionate about brand strategy, communications and media. However, she thrives on variety so is always ready to get stuck into any project – no matter its shape or size.
- Originally from London, but now accustomed to being warm so Australia is stuck with her
- Enjoys lifting heavy things – mostly, but not exclusively, at the gym
- Loves eating, hates cooking
- Avid traveler – a destination with some sort of experience that gets the adrenaline pumping is preferred
- Specialty quiz topic: Noughties metal or Love Island
Todd’s journey into research was precipitated by a passion for understanding why people behave the way they do.
As a result, Todd is fascinated by the latest developments in artificial intelligence and technology. If there is a new tech toy on the market, chances are he already has it integrated into his smart home. He thrives on using the latest methods and technologies to help his clients reach their goals.
This has led to experience in helping clients across a broad range of industries (FMCG, Finance, Automotive and Retail to name a few) to make strategic decisions, off the back of innovative research programs.
- Adopted a stray cat in Preston; his name is now Preston
- Free time is spent catching up with friends over brunch, arts exhibitions, museums
- Likes to throw in the odd Spanish word every now and then into el centro del sentence without explaining what it means
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Science/Technology
With a background in Marketing and Psychology, Amelia’s passion for research stems from her interest in understanding the psychology behind consumer decision making.
Her experience in market research spans across a variety of industries including FMCG, retail, digital, aviation, utilities and finance. Within the FMCG space, Amelia has driven insight from a range of methodological approaches including occasion studies, choice models and concept testing.
Amelia prides herself on taking a holistic approach to research, working closely with clients to find solutions to meet both the needs of customers and businesses.
- Will always put her hand up for a dinner out with good wine (mainly to avoid cooking)
- Self-proclaimed office pool champion
- First person on scene when there’s a cute dog nearby
- Specialty quiz topic: Really just there for the biscuits
Chris’s passion for market research stems from a love of marketing and data analytics.
He works very closely with clients to uncover data-driven insights that will ultimately help grow their businesses and brands. Chris is always looking to expand his knowledge in his areas of interest, which include big data, technology and brand research.
His career so far has seen him work across a wide range of industries including FMCG, Financial Services and Superannuation, and brings value to his accounts through his experience and highly responsive client service.
Chris is a Monash University graduate and an active member of its alumni network.
He loves the thrill of taking on a new brief and is always ready for the next challenge!
- Live music enthusiast – Chris’s second home is the Corner Hotel
- Expert on beer (and an avid drinker of it)
- Plays in a social netball league
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Music, Latin, Geography
Abbey’s career in research begun right here at Nature, following an exciting opportunity as Nature’s first intern. Since then she has worked across a variety of industries, with particular focus on retail, education and utilities, where she has been able to apply her inquisitive attitude and analytical skills to deliver clear, compelling stories that assist client decision making.
Abbey’s gravitation towards research was underpinned by her keen interest in understanding human behaviour. With a double degree in Marketing and Psychology from Monash University, Abbey is passionate about delving beneath the surface to generate meaningful consumer insights that can be leveraged for tangible brand outcomes.
- A lover of travel, Abbey is always up for an adventurous hike to explore what a new place has to offer
- An avid yet regularly disappointed Demons supporter
- Admittedly a terrible cook, though claims her brownies are world class
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sporadic answers that don’t tend to follow a clear theme
Michael’s diverse cultural and working background has given him exposure to a broad cross-section of the human experience, and this has been a tremendous asset as a researcher. From documenting the lives of the homeless in Tokyo to working in the high-end retail stores of the Champs-Élysées, these experiences have given Michael a great empathic ability to understand consumers from across the socio-economic spectrum.
He first cut his marketing teeth in the world of theatre and dance before switching to research. Stemming from this, Michael loves to create compelling stories from the data that are easy to grasp and implement.
Prior to joining Nature, Michael worked primarily across the aviation, education, finance and social services sectors, developing insights into customer experience, branding and communication.
- Absolute adrenaline junkie – greatest passion is racing motorcycles
- Legitimately broke his arm in an arm-wrestling contest in a dingy bar in Marseille – has a mean scar to prove it
- Tallest Japanese person you’re likely to ever meet
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Dinosaurs
With a background in Actuarial Studies and Finance, Ariel embarked on an unusual journey for her career, turning to market research to express both her passion for data and her curiosity about consumer behaviours.
She started her career as a Research Executive at Koji while completing her master’s degree. During this time, she built a vast knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative research working end-to-end across a variety of projects – from package design to customer journey mapping, from FMCG to professional services. She later moved to Roy Morgan and worked very closely with Financial Services clients in uncovering industry landscapes and developing business-shaping and action-driven insights.
Ariel is fascinated with finding the stories beneath the lake of data and joining the dots with real business implications to empower client decision making.
- Owner of two cutest Pomeranians in the world (could be biased but the owner disagrees) and a regular attendee of all types of small dogs’ gatherings and events around Melbourne
- A Canberra-devotee who lived there for 5 years and knows all the places that make the city tick as a cool tourist destination
- Her ultimate foodie dream is to visit Sukiyabashi Jiro in Japan
- Specialty quiz topic: Anything dog related
Raina began her research career through a month-long internship that turned into a full-time gig as a qualitative researcher. She has since worked across a range of projects (including segmentations, NPD, communications testing, cultural insights, brand positioning) and categories (from pet food to financial services).
She has recently completed her Honours degree in Psychology from the University of Melbourne, during which she completed her thesis with the Decision Neuroscience Lab. Her passion for understanding the “why” behind everyday decision-making, and how this knowledge can be used to address applied issues in both the public and private sector, is what led her to Nature.
- Likes music by Taylor Swift and Kanye West – a cause of much internal conflict in her life
- Is addicted to food-related shows that have in no way improved her home cooking
- Is originally from Jakarta and is still adjusting to the weather in Melbourne (even after six years)
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Doesn’t have one, but will probably get a few questions right about food
With a background in marketing and a strong interest in human behaviour, Matthew has experience in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Matthew enjoys working collaboratively with his clients to break apart research problems in order to produce meaningful insights and actionable next steps. He prides himself on becoming a trusted partner of his clients through thoughtful and attentive service to make their lives easier.
Matthew has extensive experience working with government and its agencies primarily in the transport, sustainability and education sectors. Prior to joining the team at Nature, he worked on research to inform behaviour change campaigns from their initial development to ongoing tracking.
Matthew is a Monash University graduate, completing his business degree with Dean’s Listing for his academic performance.
- As a former barista and café manager Matt is always happy to meet up for coffee
- However, after 4pm he’ll gladly direct you to the nearest bar or restaurant using his in-built Broadsheet database
- Given the opportunity Matt would start his own dog shelter, but needs to ask his own dog first!
- Specialty Quiz Topic: When it comes to quizzes he’s a jack-of-all trades and a master of none.
Upeksha is a data analyst with a broad knowledge across various market research data collection methodologies and extensive experience in data processing, database management and analysis. Her extensive experience as a programmer/analyst working in market research field agencies has exposed her to research projects across a range of industries.
At Nature, she is involved in all things data. Supporting and calibrating with project teams, her key focus is delivering quality and insightful outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Upeksha’s passion might be data, but her two boys are her pride and joy
- Often spotted supporting her sons across junior sport leagues, be it basketball courts, soccer or cricket fields; known to get very competitive on the sidelines
- Loves decorating cakes and meticulous in putting the finer details together; will stay up all night to get the right look if needed
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Quietly mumbling answers to random questions
Michael started his research career as a data analyst at DBM Consultants, while simultaneously completing his Master of Actuarial Studies part time at Monash University, and working with a postdoctoral research team at RMIT.
Prior to joining Nature, Michael contributed to shaping multiple flagship research project databases, where he found his passion for developing unorthodox, yet pragmatic processes and improving methods to benefit stakeholders with quality and meaningful results.
Michael loves the thrill of a challenge, and is always on the lookout for new methods and techniques. His background is comprised of a Master of Actuarial Studies, Honours in Applied Science (Property Valuation and Investments), and half a Bachelor of Accountancy. To match the diverse education, before finally settling down in Australia, Michael lived in China, Singapore, Japan, UK, France, and New Zealand (where he moved cities three times!).
- Loves horror stories, which may explain why he studied actuarial science
- Now is a holder of many invalid and useless passports
- Having lived in numerous countries, his bilingual complement to English is a random mixture of Chinese, Japanese, and French, with a hint of kiwi blended into a single language
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Mythology. Ironically, his quiz skills are also a part of mythology
After a long stint as a legal assistant, Amber joined Nature as Office Manager in early 2010, which makes her one of Nature’s most long-standing employees.
After 9 years in the Melbourne office, Amber decided she was pretty homesick and it was time to head back to NZ, where she now works from Nature’s ‘satellite office’ in Auckland, in a slightly different capacity.
As the go-to person for everything from accounts, to proofreading, to obscure queries about anything, though off-site Amber still plays a key role in the day-to-day running of the business while keeping the team on the straight and narrow.
- Owner of the world’s best dog, Tinks, who is also a part-time member of the Nature team
- The red hair is 100% not real
- Though she misses the Melbourne office banter, she really appreciates being able to belt out a showtune when the mood takes her, without anyone hearing
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Classic literature, Broadway musicals and serial killers
Prior to joining Nature, Sam spent over 8 years supporting a large Sales team and electrical engineers, as a highly motivated Assistant with solid office, customer-facing and administrative experience.
As well as being the first person you’ll speak to when you call Nature, Sam provides much essential administrative support to the Nature team.
- Sam now has a daughter (Imogen)
- Loves to spend her time with her puggle (Morgan), fiancé (Corey) and family and friends
- Her favourite place to visit/holiday is Bali
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Celebrity gossip