Our culture is one of collegiality and collaboration, which intentionally involves the sharing and challenging of ideas and points of view on the briefs we are tackling and how best to approach them.
If Nature were a school there’s no doubt Chris would be the school captain! A natural born leader with more energy and enthusiasm than a US cheer leading squad – Chris is not just the “figurehead guy” who started Nature, but a very driven MD, injecting passion, care and enthusiasm into the business and its team on a daily basis.
As well as enjoying the challenge of running a highly successful growing agency, Chris is at his best when working closely with clients to understand their business challenges and imperatives, and when applying his methodological expertise and multi-sector experience in crafting data and evidence-based approaches that provide Nature’s clients the clarity they need to make key business decisions.
Chris’s career spans 25 years in both consulting and corporate roles:
- At Telstra, Chris was Director of Customer Insights and Analytics.
- Before starting Nature in 2006, he was a Partner at Blue Moon Research & Planning, where he developed and ran their Melbourne office for 4 years.
- He was a Director at TNS, where he initiated and developed their Advanced Methods Group, and ran their Finance and Business Services team in Melbourne.
- Chris began his career with Advanis Inc., a Canadian choice modelling firm, under the guidance of pioneers in the field.
Chris has a PhD from ANU in quantitative social science and has held fellowships at the University of Wisconsin and Utrecht University, The Netherlands. He has published an academic book and several articles in refereed journals, and has presented at conferences in Cape Town, Vermont, Stockholm, The Netherlands, Australia, and Singapore. He is also accredited as a QPR (Qualified Professional Researcher).
- A proud father to 3 energetic boys, Chris can be frequently spotted cheering on his kids from the soccer sideline, racing around Lysterfield mountain bike track or surfing with them on the South Gippsland Coast
- Hard to keep indoors during sunny weather, Chris can also be spotted playing one of his many sporting pursuits: tennis, golf, hockey, windsurfing, paddle boarding to name just a few!
- Not one for sitting down and reading a book (much to his wife’s dismay!), Chris is also a lover of cooking and travel. With a slightly alarming knack of learning new languages and local accents, Chris is always eager to use one of his 3 passports to jump on a plane and travel.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Tasmania
Peter has been working in research and finance roles for 15 years and is known by our clients as having the rare trait of possessing a strong understanding of business issues coupled with outstanding conceptual and technical analytic skills. A natural problem solver, he has a unique ability to create clarity out of complexity.
Prior to Nature, Peter headed up the Customer Analytics department at Roy Morgan Research, before which he was an Actuary for Mercer in Superannuation (specialising in Actuarial Studies & Finance at University).
Peter is a regular speaker at AMSRS Professional Development Programs, and regularly publishes articles for research and marketing publications, sitting on the editorial committee for Research News.
- To call Pete an over-achiever is an understatement – from being the leader of the school band, to a talented sportsman, maths genius and supreme baker
- Equally comfortable at KFC as Vue de Monde
- A disgruntled Demons supporter, who lets off steam reliving his youth on a Nintendo once the kids are asleep
- Often found walking about the office shoeless, with a pen behind the ear, muttering to himself
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Australian history between 1800-1900; early 1990s films; early 1990s music; Uranus and its many moons
Justin started out in academic research almost 20 years ago before realising that commercial market research was more his pace. But he did manage to pick up a PhD along the way.
He has worked for some of the world’s leading brands, undertaking innovation, brand and CX research across more than 20 countries.
Justin’s passion lies in helping his clients, big and small, commercial and social, achieve the best possible outcomes, through designing and executing bulletproof research.
In his role at Nature, Justin’s focus extends to building capability, driving innovation and supporting the broader team to deliver brilliant work.
- Equally at home with a VB or a bottle of Grange
- Doesn’t work Victorian Oaks Day; pretends to work the rest of Cup week
- Will be subjecting his kids to decades of misery as Carlton supporters
- Specialty Quiz Topic: 80s music, regional Australian landmarks
James began his career in market research over a decade ago and since then has led engagements with local and global brands across a variety of sectors including FMCG, retail, automotive, utilities, aged care and finance to name a few.
With particular expertise in brand strategy and communications, James has a passion for understanding how and why people make decisions and identifying ways to influence this.
James’ strong commercial acumen, combined with a natural ability to simplify robust and complex information into actionable insights has earnt him a strong reputation among clients as a key adviser to unlock brand growth.
- James writes to-do lists on his days off and keeps a spreadsheet for most aspects of his life
- James has a 4-year old son named Justin who sleeps better than he does
- James isn’t into sport
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sport
Paddy came into research consultancy 7 years ago, via a Commerce Degree and an interest in advertising.
While his specialty still lies in advertising optimisation, he has worked across all types of projects since – big and small, ongoing and ad-hoc, cheese makers to charities. He is particularly experienced in leading end-to-end foundational segmentation research – producing intuitive and actionable solutions that can seamlessly feed into brand and communications strategy.
Presentation and the robust discussion around the strategic brand recommendations he provides is what drives Paddy’s passion for his work and the industry.
He is a ‘Millennials’ expert – leading Nature’s self-funded exploration into the unique generation.
- He may seem calm and collected at work, but on the weekends, Paddy turns into a Collingwood ‘nuffy’
- He is known for overlooking his Labrador’s mischievousness
- He prefers Kanye West’s music pre-Kim Kardashian
- He could be the best table tennis player in the world
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sport and Australian Politics
Adrian is an experienced researcher who has a passion for digging under the skin of what makes people tick. Uncovering the reasons behind consumer decisions and behaviour, and what this means in a business context, is the key thing that drives him as a researcher.
This interest has spanned many industry sectors, but his particular expertise sits within financial services, transport and education. This often requires uncovering what is at the core of behaviour in categories that people tend to want to spend as little time as possible thinking about!
With most consumers not able to provide the answers directly, this often means that Choice Modelling is a good way to get answers, which is an area that Adrian has significant expertise in.
Segmentation studies is another area that effectively undercovers different strands of consumer behaviour, in which Adrian also has substantial experience across a wide range of categories and products.
- Doesn’t mind getting cold and wet if the view at the top is worth it
- Is venerated by his colleagues for his longevity
- Accumulates photoshopped self-images without even trying
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Geography and random facts about lots of weird things
Emma began her career in professional services, specialising in customer experience and retention. She has a unique ability to draw together primary and secondary data to elevate the standard ‘tracker’ and ensure it is used by clients as a powerful strategic tool.
She couples this with tactical research, particularly in FMCG. A seasoned researcher in pack refreshes and concept testing, Emma draws on years of experience when interpreting results as well as her broader knowledge of the category and emerging trends.
With every project, Emma brings not only her unwavering commitment to quality but her creative flair and eye for detail, visualising data in compelling ways to ensure findings are delivered with impact.
- Emma is competitive by nature and can literally turn anything into a competition
- A survivor super fan, Emma has seen every season since the shows inception in 2000 – it combines her love of games, analysing human behaviour and of course, competition
- Combining her love of cooking and creativity, Emma is currently developing a plant-based food blog
- Specialty Quiz Topic: She has a superhuman memory for random facts about other people’s lives, but don’t expect this memory to translate to any general knowledge topics for the quiz
Sharon has 15+ years’ experience working for local and global clients. During this time she has worked in Melbourne, London and Chicago, and been lucky enough to travel the world talking to consumers and uncovering insights for her clients.
Her strength lies in working collaboratively with her clients and colleagues alike, to ensure every project runs smoothly and delivers quality outcomes for her stakeholders. She has experience in B2B and B2C research across a wide range of sectors including technology, professional services, automotive and FMCG.
Sharon still gets excited every time a new brief arrives, and loves the challenge of designing bespoke solutions for every project.
- Sharon loves to travel and will jump at any chance to explore somewhere new
- Never needs to be asked twice to have a glass of bubbles
- She loves collecting cookbooks, but tends to look at the pictures rather than cook from them
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Music – specifically 1994-1999
Nick’s initial passion for Marketing was triggered when, during an undergrad uni class, he imagined how the 4 Ps could be applied to the band he was playing in. It led to worse songs, less money and some truly terrible posters.
Inspired by this failure, Nick discovered that there was a way to understand your market before you make poor business decisions. And hence his love for market research began.
Over the next 15 years, Nick built expertise in technology clients, digital marketing and innovation. His research skills span brand strategy, media effectiveness, CX and product development and he has a passion for getting to the heart of his clients’ business challenges.
Nick’s research career actually began in Vietnam and Cambodia, but he joined Nature after returning to his hometown of Melbourne from a six year stint in New York City.
- Despite having a lot to say at work, Nick’s two kids rarely let him get a word in at home
- Those same kids are now starting to beat Nick at video games, which he is struggling to comes to terms with
- Nick’s love for 90s rock has shown no signs of waning, 30 years on
Speciality Quiz Topic: Consumer technology
Having spent more than a decade specialising in quantitative market research, Ingrid has a wealth of experience to draw on across almost all industries and methodologies.
It’s combining this experience with relentless perfectionism, persistent determination and endless curiosity that ensures every project she works on is firmly centred toward the business objectives to deliver clear, tangible and actionable insights.
Curious and with a love of variety, Ingrid is a generalist at heart, specialising in bespoke and carefully crafted ad hoc research.
- Ingrid is an identical twin which can create hilarious confusion when her sister visits
- As mum to a busy toddler and young dog, Ingrid is well versed in juggling multiple priorities!
- An avid traveller and detailed planner, Ingrid is loud & proud of her geeky travel spreadsheets
- Specialty Quiz Topic: The first five questions (aka the beginner questions!)
Originally from the UK, Femi started her career in organisational research, conducting in-house projects in the education and not-for profit sector.
Femi made the move into market research several years ago after moving to Australia and has since worked across a range of industries including retail, FMCG, entertainment, education and charities. Her experience spans across both ongoing and ad-hoc studies, and she has unique experience in managing large-scale, complex projects. Her skill here lies in taking the complexity out of the interpretation of data, delivering focused and strategic recommendations.
Femi is also passionate about telling impactful stories with data, presented in a visually engaging way.
- Femi’s favourite pastimes are binge watching Netflix documentaries, travelling, and eating out as much as possible (mainly to avoid cooking)
- She enjoys nothing more than terrible dad jokes, memes and puns, and does her best to weave them into any conversation. She’d like to do more research into ketchup, but the sauces are too unreliable.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: While she can’t claim to have a specialist quiz topic, she is sporadically able to answer questions on British history.
Arpita first gravitated towards research early in her career in Singapore, and eventually moved to the land down under to continue to pursue her passion for insights in a new market. Now 6 years into research, Arpita has done extensive work in the region – both in Asia-Pacific and Australia/New Zealand.
Having lived in 3 countries and studied Marketing and Psychology, Arpita’s experience in understanding how consumer behaviour connects to brand strategy is extensive and far-reaching.
After starting her career mostly in communications and advertising testing, her experience now also spans U&A, concept testing, and (her favourite) segmentation. She enjoys bringing consumer insights to life and making them tangible to businesses through story-led reports and has polished these skills across a range of industries including FMCG, retail, services, and finance.
- On weekends, she can be found at the dog park (note: she does not have a dog)
- Loves yoga and hip-hop music – often does both at the same time!
- Her hobbies include trying new restaurants and asking her friends to rate their meals on 0-10
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Occasionally surprising everyone with a correct answer!
Bethan started her career in research with her sights set on Qual, drawn to the creative process of searching for nuance and meaning in consumer behaviour and decision making. This then led her to the wonderful world of data, and she is now a dual quantitative and qualitative researcher with a broad range of methodological experience under her belt.
She has a solid background in services industries, with the majority of her experience grounded in banking, PHI, property and digital services. Through this she has developed a strong skillset in brand and customer experience research.
She is particularly interested in UX and user-centred design, with the lens of using research to optimise the way that consumers interact with products and services to achieve better (not to mention mutually beneficial) outcomes.
- Loves film, theatre and the arts
- Always on the hunt for some gluten free sourdough and beer
- Dabbles in astrology (won’t sign a contract during a Mercury retrograde)
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Film and autoimmune diseases
Scott joins Nature from London where he has gathered around 15 years of experience both in academia and the commercial world, with his most recent background firmly planted in understanding customer experience and brand perception.
As a marketing scientist, he marries a strong technical background (multivariate statistics, choice models, segmentation) with a wider commercial acumen, and the understanding that research needs to be insightful rather than just informational.
Before Nature Scott headed up the UK advanced analytics division at Hall & Partners and has worked with a broad range of clients across diverse categories including auto, FMCG, entertainment, sport, apparel, utilities, and finance.
With a BSc in Psychology, a MSc in Research Methods, and five years as a lecturer under his belt, Scott is committed to life-long learning and development (for himself and others) and has run a number of MRS workshops.
Scott has many extra-curricular hobbies and interests – none of which he’s really any good at:
- Photography: All the gear, with no idea
- DIY / home improvement: Just don’t ask how his last renovation project went
- Indie / rock music: Can’t play or sing a note
- Motor racing: Only claim to fame is driving the Nürburgring in a Nissan Leaf
- Modern board games: That he never seems to win
Speciality Quiz Topic: Beat the intro / Finish the lyric
Kevin has a strong technical background and extensive FMCG research experience.
He discovered a keen interest in consumer behaviour when studying Behavioural Economics at University, which has led him to pursue a career in Market Research.
He spent the first 5 years of his career at Colmar Brunton in the FMCG team – a natural fit with his love for food and drinks – before joining Nature 2 years ago where he has since broadened his industry experience and increased his exposure to advanced methodologies.
Kevin’s methodical thinking and technical knowledge make him adept at translating complex data into simple action-focused outcomes.
- Kevin is a keen cyclist who can often be found either suffering on hilly roads or enjoying a coffee and brownie at a café afterwards as a reward
- His obsession with numbers extends to his hobbies, whether it is functional threshold power, heart rate zones or brew ratios
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Cycling, coffee or brownie related topics (sadly all of which are underrepresented in quizzes)
Lizi has a background in Psychology – she holds a Bachelors’ degree in the subject, as well as a Masters in Forensic Psychology. She is fascinated by human cognition and behaviour, which is what drove her to pursue a career in market research.
Her first market research role was at Kantar Millward Brown in London back in 2013. Since then she’s gained a wealth of experience across geographies, sectors and research techniques. Lizi is now an experienced quantitative researcher with a track record of helping clients grow their businesses with data-driven insight and consultancy.
She is especially passionate about brand strategy, communications and media. However, she thrives on variety so is always ready to get stuck into any project – no matter its shape or size.
- Originally from London, but now accustomed to being warm so Australia is stuck with her
- Enjoys lifting heavy things – mostly, but not exclusively, at the gym
- Loves eating, hates cooking
- Avid traveler – a destination with some sort of experience that gets the adrenaline pumping is preferred
- Specialty quiz topic: Noughties metal or Love Island
Todd’s journey into research was precipitated by a passion for understanding why people behave the way they do.
As a result, Todd is fascinated by the latest developments in artificial intelligence and technology. If there is a new tech toy on the market, chances are he already has it integrated into his smart home. He thrives on using the latest methods and technologies to help his clients reach their goals.
This has led to experience in helping clients across a broad range of industries (FMCG, Finance, Automotive and Retail to name a few) to make strategic decisions, off the back of innovative research programs.
- Adopted a stray cat in Preston; his name is now Preston
- Free time is spent catching up with friends over brunch, arts exhibitions, museums
- Likes to throw in the odd Spanish word every now and then into el centro del sentence without explaining what it means
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Science/Technology
Vicky began her career at a global brand & communications insights agency in London, and has since developed as a hands-on, curious and conscientious dualist researcher.
She specialises in quantitative approaches and loves to build a holistic story that delivers useful insights, whether across brand tracking, concept testing or segmentations.
Her experience has spanned several categories from FMCG, to Finance, to Media, with a strong client relationship being the linchpin of a successful and enjoyable project. Her curiosity for human behaviour is a key asset in asking the right questions and delivering those critical answers.
- Loves a new adventure, from road-tripping through Australia, to bungy jumping in New Zealand (just don’t ask her to go camping)
- A foodie, always keen for restaurant recommendations and recipes
- Is quickly accumulating wine from Aussie vineyards at a faster rate than she can drink
- Specialty Quiz topic: general knowledge (aka the easy ones please)
Chris’s passion for market research stems from a love of marketing and data analytics.
He works very closely with clients to uncover data-driven insights that will ultimately help grow their businesses and brands. Chris is always looking to expand his knowledge in his areas of interest, which include big data, technology and brand research.
His career so far has seen him work across a wide range of industries including FMCG, Financial Services and Superannuation, and brings value to his accounts through his experience and highly responsive client service.
Chris is a Monash University graduate and an active member of its alumni network.
He loves the thrill of taking on a new brief and is always ready for the next challenge!
- Live music enthusiast – Chris’s second home is the Corner Hotel
- Expert on beer (and an avid drinker of it)
- Plays in a social netball league
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Music, Latin, Geography
After intending to become a dentist, Claudia decided to swivel into marketing where she stumbled across market research during her masters degree. Claudia loves using data to identify and demonstrate consumer trends and decision making.
She is a dualist researcher, and is torn between her love of quantitative data-driven insights and meaty qualitative studies. Claudia has had extensive experience in large trackers, syndicated studies and financial services. From running focus groups on whether the new bank notes have a neutral, politically correct design, to complex segmentation studies for banks, Claudia has had experience across a range of industries with varying methodologies in her career.
Claudia has also worked on the client site as a trusted partner and extension of her client’s team. She is most proud of her communication skills and ability to bring people together – whether that is clients, colleagues or even third parties.
- Has a love/hate relationship with adventure (did the Inca Trail and cried 3 times but loved the experience!)
- A kiwi at heart but most definitely is more like an Aussie at this stage
- Absolutely loves dogs. We do not deserve them.
- Avid traveller and speaks 4 languages!
- Specialty quiz topic: Quite terrible at most topics but less terrible if it’s about the Kardashians (unfortunately)
Abbey’s career in research begun right here at Nature, following an exciting opportunity as Nature’s first intern. Since then she has worked across a variety of industries, with particular focus on retail, education and utilities, where she has been able to apply her inquisitive attitude and analytical skills to deliver clear, compelling stories that assist client decision making.
Abbey’s gravitation towards research was underpinned by her keen interest in understanding human behaviour. With a double degree in Marketing and Psychology from Monash University, Abbey is passionate about delving beneath the surface to generate meaningful consumer insights that can be leveraged for tangible brand outcomes.
- A lover of travel, Abbey is always up for an adventurous hike to explore what a new place has to offer
- An avid yet regularly disappointed Demons supporter
- Admittedly a terrible cook, though claims her brownies are world class
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sporadic answers that don’t tend to follow a clear theme
Michael’s diverse cultural and working background has given him exposure to a broad cross-section of the human experience, and this has been a tremendous asset as a researcher. From documenting the lives of the homeless in Tokyo to working in the high-end retail stores of the Champs-Élysées, these experiences have given Michael a great empathic ability to understand consumers from across the socio-economic spectrum.
He first cut his marketing teeth in the world of theatre and dance before switching to research. Stemming from this, Michael loves to create compelling stories from the data that are easy to grasp and implement.
Prior to joining Nature, Michael worked primarily across the aviation, education, finance and social services sectors, developing insights into customer experience, branding and communication.
- Absolute adrenaline junkie – greatest passion is racing motorcycles
- Legitimately broke his arm in an arm-wrestling contest in a dingy bar in Marseille – has a mean scar to prove it
- Tallest Japanese person you’re likely to ever meet
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Dinosaurs
With a background in Actuarial Studies and Finance, Ariel embarked on an unusual journey for her career, turning to market research to express both her passion for data and her curiosity about consumer behaviours.
She started her career as a Research Executive at Koji while completing her master’s degree. During this time, she built a vast knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative research working end-to-end across a variety of projects – from package design to customer journey mapping, from FMCG to professional services. She later moved to Roy Morgan and worked very closely with Financial Services clients in uncovering industry landscapes and developing business-shaping and action-driven insights.
Ariel is fascinated with finding the stories beneath the lake of data and joining the dots with real business implications to empower client decision making.
- Owner of two cutest Pomeranians in the world (could be biased but the owner disagrees) and a regular attendee of all types of small dogs’ gatherings and events around Melbourne
- A Canberra-devotee who lived there for 5 years and knows all the places that make the city tick as a cool tourist destination
- Her ultimate foodie dream is to visit Sukiyabashi Jiro in Japan
- Specialty quiz topic: Anything dog related
With a background in marketing and a strong interest in human behaviour, Matthew has experience in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Matthew enjoys working collaboratively with his clients to break apart research problems in order to produce meaningful insights and actionable next steps. He prides himself on becoming a trusted partner of his clients through thoughtful and attentive service to make their lives easier.
Matthew has extensive experience working with government and its agencies primarily in the transport, sustainability and education sectors. Prior to joining the team at Nature, he worked on research to inform behaviour change campaigns from their initial development to ongoing tracking.
Matthew is a Monash University graduate, completing his business degree with Dean’s Listing for his academic performance.
- As a former barista and café manager Matt is always happy to meet up for coffee
- However, after 4pm he’ll gladly direct you to the nearest bar or restaurant using his in-built Broadsheet database
- Given the opportunity Matt would start his own dog shelter, but needs to ask his own dog first!
- Specialty Quiz Topic: When it comes to quizzes he’s a jack-of-all trades and a master of none.
Attracted by its perfect blend of business strategy and psychology, Tom is intrigued by all things marketing.
Whilst completing his Bachelors of Commerce (Marketing Science and Economics) and Honours Degree in Marketing, Tom began his career at Forethought Research. At Forethought Tom spent 3 years living and breathing marketing science, providing him with great opportunity to bring evidence-based consumer insights to life.
With a background in data visualisation, Tom brings not only an undeniable commitment to quality and detail, but a creative flair to ensure findings are delivered with impact.
Tom has experience across a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and enjoys the challenge of working across various industries including health and wellness, retail, FMCG and financial services.
- When the sun is out, you’ll likely find Tom at the beach, surfing or walking his Golden Retriever
- He is still adjusting to the cold of Melbourne winters (he has lived here his whole life)… so he usually spends these months trying to get on a plane to chase warmth, waves, music and a good time
- Tom does his best persuasive work when pushing others into after work dinner and drinks
- Specialty quiz topic: Basic general knowledge
Ryan’s journey started in a Marketing 1101 Lecture at the University of Western Australia. Since then, he has had the good fortune of working with clients in all manner of industries to help solve all manner of problems, from how to get people to take cyclone warnings more seriously to helping marketing teams convey the perfect tone for this year’s Christmas campaign.
He loves what he does, because at its best, great research solves problems that impact businesses by combining facets of behavioral economics, psychology and sociology.
He brings some client-side experience to the table, having worked in two areas that closely align with some of his great loves (food & beer), while interning at SABMiller in Colombia and working in the insights team at McDonald’s UK.
- Notoriously thrifty, he will often ask for the ‘cheapest lager on tap please’ much to his partner’s chagrin
- On the weekend he is likely to be spotted watching or playing golf, basketball, or cricket
- Loves a chin wag about TV shows, movies, or documentaries. 5 seasons of The Wire helped pass the time during his recent quarantine on returning to Australia.
- Specialty quiz topic: Capital cities & US Presidents
Alex spent the first 8 years of her career in academic research working in number of top Australian universities, focussing mainly on health, social, and Autism research. Alex then transitioned to market research, finding herself to be an innately curious and passionate researcher. She has a keen interest in all aspects of research and strategy, and is focussed on ensuring consumer voices are heard, and never at the expense of marketing mumbo jumbo.
Now with over 10 years research experience, she loves nothing more than combining the qualitative and quantitative aspects of data to create a beautiful and compelling story for her clients. With a wealth of experience in some of Australia’s largest FMCG brands, Alex has expertise in branding, concept and pack testing, innovation and NPD, co-creation, and brand health. Alex’s strength is being genuinely interested in her clients’ stories and having a nerd-like fascination when diving into whatever world the data is calling from.
- Does an excellent Scottish accent, and just might be the uncredited Scottish voice for Google maps. Also does an excellent version of the Queen saying “One” and “Phillip”.
- Has an encyclopaedic knowledge of The West Wing, having watched all 7 seasons every year since 2008.
- Enjoys karaoke with a sort of reckless abandon that is unbecoming for a woman of my age.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: A broad range of ridiculous and seemingly useless facts that seem to pop up right at the time you need them. Also, movies.
With a background in psychology and behavioural science, Jackie has a natural curiosity about human behaviour, focussing this on the world of market research and understanding what makes consumers tick.
Jackie has spent many years working on FMCG brands, from sensory testing of beers all around the country, to exploring hair care brands and packaging, to consumer usage and attitudes studies, and even evaluating dog treats. She has built experience across a range of methodologies and industries.
Jackie is adept at leading multiple fast-paced projects, while ensuring outcomes look beyond just the results to the big picture meaning and broader business implications – always presented in an easy to understand way.
- As a bit of a news and media junkie, Jackie is the person to ask when you want to know what’s going on in the world
- Loves to cook, especially sweet treats
- Often feels cold and can be spotted with a blanket on in the office, waging war with the air conditioner
- Specialty quiz topic: Anything that’s not movie related!
A lover of ‘all things brand’ Sam loves to find out what makes the world’s best brands… the world’s best brands.
Sam’s research career began at The House of Brand group, where he spent two and a half years consulting with some of Australia’s biggest brands.
A research hybrid, Sam has experience in both quantitative and qualitative research and has worked across several sectors including private health insurance, supermarkets, not for profits, radio, travel, fast food, cinema and more.
Sam draws upon experience in Information Technology and Marketing to bring both an analytical and a creative approach into generating actionable insights for clients. Sam goes into every project with an open mind, believing that research always has the ability to surprise.
- His love of sport is not diminished by his favourite teams/athletes always breaking his heart
- Goes out for Brunch at least twice a weekend
- Loves music and will listen to anything… Can find a Kanye song for any mood
- Specialty quiz topic: Real Housewives, Videogames, US Politics
Chrisha fell into a career in research consultancy 3 years ago, via an Engineering and Commerce degree and a passion for understanding people.
She is a born communicator and her natural warmth coupled with her analytical and inquisitive mind allows her to come alongside clients to steer them forward in a way to make better, data driven decisions.
With every project, Chrisha brings a more holistic approach to understanding a problem, looking at the project from different angles.
Chrisha is an expert in the Automotive Industry, having come from a car loving family and having worked with many well-known brands to help them become market leaders.
- Loves a physical challenge and gets a thrill from pushing her mind and body beyond their comfort level
- Has fallen in love with skiing, despite hating the cold!
- Lover of Christ
- Loves nature and good food – combine the two and she’s there!
- Specialty quiz topic: Great memory for remembering details about other people’s lives but unfortunately this is never covered in quizzes!
Tony’s perpetual curiosity with people and making sense of the world around him started when he was a young nosey kid sitting on the corner table in his family’s restaurant, looking to piece together why people ate there. This appetite to understand customers kick-started his journey in market research.
Ever since then, Tony testifies that the most rewarding feeling as a human being is being able to genuinely converse and break down the walls of people he barely knows. The second is being paid to do this.
As his grandma used to tell him – “Never shy away from hard work”. This sentiment continues to echo in his work with clients, helping him deliver data-driven insights that fuel growth in all facets of the business, across a variety of industries (entertainment, insurance, FMCG, higher education, telecommunications and not-for-profit).
- Tony is a bona fide gamer. When he is not playing games, he enjoys watching other people play games.
- Loves to inhale his food because it tastes better than eating at a moderate pace… Will also finish your leftovers under the condition that your food is edible.
- Underwent laser surgery but still wears ‘glasses’ to make him look older.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: An intellectual lightweight across any topics
After dabbling in accounting, Mavis decided to pursue a different career path into market research on completion of her masters degree.
Mavis has an avid interest in resolving complicated business problems and is passionate about the unknown in life. She is inquisitive, always keen to explore the depth in her areas of interest. She is also driven to find the devil in data to unveil hidden insights. Her strong analytical and logical thinking also brings her fresh perspectives to see things.
Mavis works across a range of sectors, including Energy, Local Government, Financial Services and Superannuation. She brings value to her accounts with her expertise in CX and all-rounded client service.
- A lover of nature (isn’t it so interesting that she joins ‘Nature’?), Mavis is fond of bushwalks is committed to monthly hiking with her hiking buddies. She also has an adventurous spirit and does not mind being challenged with the most difficult tracks.
- She is fascinated with arts, wood crafts, antiques and those little quirky things, and still holds her childhood interest in drawing and calligraphy
- Oddly, she fell in love with the ancient sport, archery. As an archery beginner, she loves to carry her bow and practice shooting on a sunny day.
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Sometimes has good intuition on random topics
Jonny began his career in London, working on advertising pretesting and brand & comms tracking, and has since worked across a range of industries including FMCG, healthcare, tech, and finance.
He is a qual and quant dualist, and enjoys telling stories that connect insights to impactful outcomes for brands.
- Loves exploring and visiting new countries (pre-COVID!) – has lived in four continents
- Keen, but very slow, hiker and cyclist
- Slowly learning Australian English
- Specialty Quiz topic: easy history questions please
Luke started his market research career at Kantar Sydney chasing his desire to know the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of human decision making. He has a quantitative background with extensive experience in both brand and creative across a range of different categories from FMCG to Finance.
Within his relatively short time in the market research industry Luke has worked on brand strategy pieces for beer brands, brand health tracking for financial clients, numerous creative pre-test pieces for FMCG, and concept tests for both clients in the FMCG and the Financial space. Luke loves getting experience across various methodologies and categories whilst unlocking insights that help deliver real actionable impact for the client.
- As soon as the weekend hits, Luke will be outdoors either fishing, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing or walking his dog
- Set himself a goal to rock climb El Capitan in Yosemite one day
- Considers himself an amateur dog trainer after successfully training his rescue kelpie to perform 35+ different behaviors (with this number increasing)
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Adventure Sports or Dog Training
Nick has spent his career managing large scale research operations for quantitative and qualitative methods for some of Australia’s largest brands.
Whilst completing his Bachelor of Business (Marketing) from La Trobe University, Nick began his career at Forethought Research where he spent 5 years building his expertise in research operations.
With experience across APAC, USA, Europe, and Latin America, he has a strong understanding on how to deliver clients the highest quality data and insights.
Nick has experience across a wide range of industries and methodologies and is passionate about delivering clients’ projects within scope.
- Goes for coffee at least 7 times a week
- Is an avid adventurer (When he can find the time & isn’t in lockdown)
- When the suns out, you will likely find Nick spending time at the beach on the Mornington Peninsula or getting outdoors amongst the bush
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Big Brother 2021
Georgia’s career in research begun in 2018, inspired by her passion to understand what makes the people in her wider community tick. After 2 years working in a global firm with particular focus on retail and FMCG clients, she joined the Nature team to broaden her analytical skills. Since then, Georgia has worked in a diverse range of teams, gaining hands-on experience, applying her curious mind to deliver solutions for a wide range of clients with ever-evolving business challenges.
Georgia’s gravitation towards quantitative research was underpinned by her background in banking and finance and making use of numbers, as well as her natural warmth, to build robust and compelling stories for clients. With every project, Georgia draws on her experience to search for nuance in consumer behaviour, allowing her to see things from different perspectives and to delve beneath the surface, creating more meaningful and holistic insights.
- In the summer Georgia balances her time between frolicking in the waves of Mornington peninsula’s back beaches with her family, enjoying a chilled red at local wineries with friends and ticking off bucket-list activities
- As a lover of adventure, Georgia is always searching for hidden treasures throughout Australia and overseas, especially where there’s food involved
- Despite hating the cold, you’ll catch Georgia speeding down the slopes in the middle of winter on a pair of skis, or at the local village’s café enjoying a steaming hot coffee
- Specialty Quiz Topic: After working in pharmacy for 6 years, binging Grey’s Anatomy and enduring every Netball injury you can imagine, Georgia has any question to do with medicine down pat!
With a degree specialising in neuroscience from Melbourne University, Keanu has a keen interest in what makes consumers and users tick – and the implications a shift in these behaviours has on organisations. After spending a year at an international health provider and two years in management consultancy, Keanu has experience across range of commercial, sport and entertainment and government organisations across Australia and the Pacific.
Keanu has recent project experience involving analysis of various data sources and market research relating to the strategic and operating environments of clients scaling from international corporations through to SMEs. He brings a strong understanding of new product/program development across the health, leisure and events landscape.
He also provides a strong understanding of high-performance environments through coaching at various A-League and the National Premier League football clubs, while completing his Master of Education/Sports Coaching at Sydney University.
- Keanu spends most weekends on the sidelines coaching, looking for the next Sam Kerr or Tim Cahill
- A keen interest in live music, constantly ticking artists off his bucket list
- Spent his early years earning two blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do – don’t ask him to touch his toes now though
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Geography (least useful), The OC (sometimes useful), and the best happy hours around town (always useful)
Upeksha is a data analyst with a broad knowledge across various market research data collection methodologies and extensive experience in data processing, database management and analysis. Her extensive experience as a programmer/analyst working in market research field agencies has exposed her to research projects across a range of industries.
At Nature, she is involved in all things data. Supporting and calibrating with project teams, her key focus is delivering quality and insightful outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Upeksha’s passion might be data, but her two boys are her pride and joy
- Often spotted supporting her sons across junior sport leagues, be it basketball courts, soccer or cricket fields; known to get very competitive on the sidelines
- Loves decorating cakes and meticulous in putting the finer details together; will stay up all night to get the right look if needed
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Quietly mumbling answers to random questions
Darren is a marketing data science professional with almost a decade worth of experience unlocking commercially impactful insights from complex data, and approaches ‘real-world’ client problems with an innovative and pragmatic mindset. An advocate of data storytelling, he enjoys bringing data insights to life by creating engaging interactive visuals to help empower clients and stakeholders to convert insights into action.
His advanced analytic toolkit – including multivariate statistical methods and contemporary machine learning techniques – enables him to fully take advantage of the opportunities hidden in client data to shed light on black box models, so clients clearly understand the internal workings of analytical approaches.
Prior to joining the team at Nature, Darren was a client manager at Kantar in the Analytics Practice where he gained valuable experience in the domains of brand and customer analytics as well as total marketing ROI.
- Darren is a fantasy sports enthusiast, especially NBA fantasy where he loves to scout players watching games on ESPN.
- He is a keen hooper, but his days of performing 360 tomahawk jams are sadly behind him.
- Speciality Quiz Topic: Movies starring Keanu Reeves.
Michael has a started his career as a data analyst, at the same time completing his Masters in Actuarial Science at Monash University part time, and working with a postdoctoral research team at RMIT.
Michael specialises in statistics, finance, and mathematics, and comes to Nature bringing a range of technical and mathematical skills in his arsenal.
With a flair for problem solving, Michael navigates complexities with ease and combines math and programming to create various technical tools on the fly to make the impossible possible.
Outside of work, Michael mentors final year actuarial graduates from Monash University, helping them transition into a balance of work/life/study, whilst continuing his own studies to complete his Associateship with the Actuaries Institute. In his free time, Michael loves to binge watch anime and MOBA games.
- Loves horror stories, which may explain why he studied actuarial science
- Now is a holder of many invalid and useless passports
- Having lived in numerous countries, his bilingual complement to English is a random mixture of Chinese, Japanese, and French, with a hint of kiwi blended into a single language
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Mythology. Ironically, his quiz skills are also a part of mythology
After a long stint as a legal assistant, Amber joined Nature as Office Manager in early 2010, which makes her one of Nature’s most long-standing employees.
After 9 years in Nature’s Melbourne office and 17 years away from her home town of Auckland, Amber decided she was pretty homesick and it was time to head back to NZ, where she now works from Nature’s ‘satellite office’, in a slightly different capacity.
As the go-to person for everything from finance, to proofreading, to obscure queries about anything, Amber plays a key role in the day-to-day running of the business while keeping the team on the straight and narrow.
- Owner of the world’s best dog, Tinks, who is also a part-time member of the Nature team
- 100% not a natural redhead
- Though she misses the Melbourne office banter, she really appreciates being able to belt out a showtune when the mood takes her, without anyone hearing
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Classic literature, Broadway musicals and serial killers
Prior to joining Nature, Sam spent over 8 years supporting a large Sales team and electrical engineers, as a highly motivated Assistant with solid office, customer-facing and administrative experience.
As well as being the first person you’ll speak to when you call Nature, Sam provides much essential administrative support to the Nature team.
- Sam now has a daughter (Imogen)
- Loves to spend her time with her puggle (Morgan), fiancé (Corey) and family and friends
- Her favourite place to visit/holiday is Bali
- Specialty Quiz Topic: Celebrity gossip
Originally studying Fashion Design, Kalise quickly realised she wasn’t interested in following in her family’s footsteps and pivoted to a degree in Public Relations and Events Management.
As a natural communicator (née lover of talking) Kalise developed an interest in workplace culture and inevitably gravitated toward a role within the HR realm, focusing on developing better workplace efficiencies and specialising in processes to improve business productivity and office culture.
As the Office Manager, Kalise brings over 8 years of operational and administrative experience and plays a key role in the day-to-day running of the Nature office. You’ll find her organising training sessions, building flat-pack furniture, onboarding new hires, and responding to any (and every) strange request in between.
- Having lived in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Canada (and back to Melbourne again) within the last 13 years, Kalise is a self-proclaimed professional packer, and can expertly condense her life into 2 suitcases
- Constantly ignores people’s suggestions on which new T.V. show to watch and instead chooses to watch Friends for the 2130th time (this is not an exaggeration)
- Has a knack for spotting celebrities ‘in the wild’ and seriously missed her calling as a paparazzo
- Specialty quiz topic: Naturally, anything related to the only T.V. show she watches, Friends. Also, not bad on celeb gossip.
After 10+ years living abroad in UK and Denmark, Kathy now calls Melbourne home (though being raised in Sydney).
She has had 15+ years experience working in Financial Support services for a variety of industries in Australia and abroad. After a year-long sabbatical she joined Nature in May 2021.
Previously her longest stint was 10 years in an Investment Bank in London – the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development. Here she worked with donor funding from various countries throughout the world to rebuild post-communist countries’ economies. Kathy prides herself on being a good and effective communicator. Through her time at the Bank she worked with various international institutions, NGOs and people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Is a big tennis lover/fanatic – used to play but now only watches. Her dream is to attend all Four Tennis Grand Slams; so far she’s just missing the French Open and US Open
- If she could have 3 wishes they would be: (1) To find the best Hot Chip in Melbourne (extra crispy) – she is a slave to salty and savoury foods; (2) To have good dance moves – her shortcomings in this area are doubly highlighted by her sibling being a professional dance teacher; (3) To have Marie Kondo as a house guest, as she loves the minimalist look at home
- Openly a Francophile, she admires all things French: Fashion, Food, Interiors, Beauty Products, Language, and the list goes on …
- Speciality Quiz Topic: Celebrity Gossip, who dated who in Hollywood